Quick tips on securing a placement.
Finding placements seems like a very daunting task when you don’t have a very good idea of what to do. So, here is a compiled list of things that will help you to secure the placement you are looking for:
1. Research: When applying for a position its very useful to try and find out as much information as you can about the job. With this information you can pick out and highlight your skills and values that suit the job. This will also allow you to properly understand what type of placement you are applying for and whether it is right for you.
2. Tailor your applications: It is important to make sure that your application is altered according to the placement type and company. Nothing will get your application tossed quicker than sending a generic cover letter and resume. Look at the job description and try to cover as many skills as you can. Research the employer and adjust your CV accordingly.
3. Think outside the box: not all opportunities for placement come in the form of job postings. Lots of opportunities can be found by getting your name out there, meeting the heads of the company and handing in your CV in person.
4. Be picky You don’t want to end up in a job that you won’t enjoy and/or will help you learn more in the area you have chosen to pursue. So, don’t apply for any job make sure it’s the right one.
5. Be honest: Do not lie in your applications; even if this does result in you getting the job, you do not want to be 'found out' that you cannot deliver what you said you could. Honesty is always the best policy.