Take part in the European CTF
If you enjoyed our recent Capture the Flag event or have a keen interest in cybersecurity, take part in the European CTF and join students from several European countries in completing a range of fun challenges!
Pre-selection challenges open on the 10th October and will close on the 25th October.
What are the challenges about?
Following the COVID-19 crisis, in order to go back to the normal democratic process, states have massively adopted electronic voting to reduce pandemic risks. However, while presidential elections are about to occur in several countries, consistent information flowing through the Dark Web suggests that groups of hackers are intending to disturb these elections. Simple hacking act or political involvement operation? Facing this risk, Europol intelligence services issued early warning notifications to principal state authorities.
Goal: Setting up cyber task forces to strengthen the security of the electronic voting infrastructure of the 12 targeted states and ensuring the good execution of their presidential elections.
Your mission: Take this challenge up by subscribing to the online selection phase and qualify for the ECW 2020 challenge finale.
You will have to:
- Map the port installations network in order to identify running services and vulnerabilities.
- Regain control of the compromised information systems and report about it.
- Strengthen the security of connected installations.
- Investigate the attackers responsible for the cyber attacks.
- Further information and missions will be unveiled accordingly to your progression